What is a WPS pin on an Epson ET-l6170 Printer?
- Confirm the Epson ET l6170 wireless setup by choosing the WPS (Wi-Fi protected setup).
- Here, you have two choices to connect ET l6170 printer using – Pushbutton & PIN mode.
- Once you have selected the PIN mode, direct to the wireless page to launch the WPS configurations.
- Do the appropriate network settings and pair to the WPS Page and get your one-time WPS pin.
- Wait until the active connection and start printing wirelessly using the Epson ET-l6170 WPS setup.
What is WPS pin?
- WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- WPS Pin is a secure way of connecting your Epson ET-l6170 printer using network support for establishing wireless prints/network printings.
- You must ensure the network stability and adjust the printer Epson ET l6170 by keeping nearby the router setup.
Where is the WPS pin on the Epson ET-l6170 printer?
- First, confirm whether the printer and computer are stable with the network & connected to the same network.
- You need to switch ON the Epson ET l6170 printer devices and inspect whether the wireless router is connected to the default network or not.
- Note: In some situations, the router may not connect directly to the default network settings.
- Operate using the Printer’s home page top-left to choose the Settings option.
- Access using the Network settings option >Wi-Fi setup > Wi-Fi Protected setup using the drop-down menu.
- Utilize the next page to get the PIN option. Now, you will get your unique 8-digit number on the screen.
- You can either copy or have a note to mention it on the Router web-based configuration.
- Initiate the print work using the Epson ET-l6170 WPS PIN setup configuration.
Epson ET-l6170 WPS Pin Setup
Arrange the printer setup using the proper interface connection with the computer. Then, ensure the wireless settings and setup needs via Epson Manual and start the Epson ET l6170 WPS setup in no time. You should start the configuration settings related to wireless-only after connecting the printer-related devices to the same network.
What is the WPS button on the Epson ET-l6170 printer?
- Instantly get connected to the Wi-Fi network by pressing a button on the wireless router.
- The wireless router is compatible with WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) and establishes the Wi-Fi setup by pressing a button on the wireless router.
- Click on the printer’s home screen.
- Choose the option- Wi-Fi (Recommended). If your printer has already been connected by Ethernet, you need to pick Router.
- Select the Start Setup.
- If you have a default network connection, the screen will provide you with the network information. Here, tap on Change Settings to change the settings required.
- If at all, you have initiated using the ethernet, hit the Change to Wi-Fi connection, and then tap on Yes after ensuring the message alert.
- Then, you have to press the Push Button Setup (WPS).
- Gently, hold the [WPS] button on the wireless router until you find the security light flashes.
- For locating the Epson ET l6170 WPS button, try to use the Manufacturer’s manual or documentation for reference purposes.
- In the next step, prefer the Start Setup on the printer.
- Here, you have to Close all the active screens.
- Note: Restart the printer, router, and devices, if you are unable to connect. Or else, simply take the Network configuration test print to proceed next.
- Finally, close the Network Connection Settings screen.
WPS PIN Setup mode for Epson ET l6170
If at all, you have activated the WPS-enabled wireless router that supports PIN mode, you can easily use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) PIN mode to initiate the scanner to the network.
- Gently, open the scanner’s input tray.
- Then, press & hold the Wi-Fi button and the Wi-Fi connect button on your scanner at the same time.
- Then, release it after a few seconds, when you notice the Wi-Fi light flashes blue.
- Move on to the computer to mention the obtained PIN code into the WPS PIN setting in the wireless router within the given period.
- If you have missed specifying the WPS pin within the allotted time, you need to repeat the same steps to get the new Epson ET-l6170 WPS Pin.
- You can notice the Wi-Fi and AP mode lights flash alternately once the connection is established. When you see the Wi-Fi light on the scanner with active mode, your scanner is connected to the network.
- Note: If you notice the error alert light, it means the connection failure. To recover, press the stop button to trash the error, restart the router, and do repeat the same procedures.
Restart once and you can start the printing work using the WPS mode
How to find a WPS pin on the router for Epson ET-l6170?
You must locate the WPS icon in the wireless router which is quite near the router’s power button. Once you have found it, press the WPS button either by pushing or pressing it to initiate the wireless configuration. Just connect through the Epson Official page to download & Install the Epson Easy install guide for an easy WPS Pin startup process.
How to enable the WPS mode on Epson ET-l6170?
You need to support through the provided Manual guide to find the WPS PIN on the active wireless router. Later, you have to press or hold the WPS mode button for a second. Wait for the Epson printer to recognize the WPS setup via wireless device support. Do assign the print task by selecting the needed document from your active computer and access effortlessly using Epson ET-l6170 WPS mode settings.